Wednesday 26 October 2011

Neferura, Heir Apparent - Marianne Luban

This is a very interesting post by Marianne Luban, "Neferure, Heir Apparent".

Marianne picks up where we left off back in August and September.

The life of Neferure is not well known. She may have died young, or she may have married Thutmose III. We certainly await archaeological evidence for the latter - but the point is Neferure's life is very much a mystery.

Marianne has some interesting points to make. Marianne is looking at an area which to my own knowledge is very much up for discussion.

I would like to hear from anyone who wishes to add to what Marianne has posted.

Regards,
Stuart

2 comments:

Marianne Luban said...

Hi Stuart,

Since you last looked at my blog post, I added the URL of a paper by the William Petty that I mentioned, which is "Redating the Reign of Hatshepsut". It is not long but very informative, as Petty has made a list of the items containing the cartouches of Thutmose III and Hatshepsut, those that have dates, and concluded a seven-year gap for Thutmose III.

Stuart Tyler said...

Hi Marianne. that's great- thanks for adding that. I may have it already but am in the process of moving house, so havent got it to hand.

I will download it for further reading- much appreciated.